Part of the workshop proposed includes facilitated conversations around the topics discussed making this event interactive throughout the session. Members will leave knowing exactly what to change and implement to lead with courage and be resilient. Below are the speaker bios.
Workshop Participants will learn how to:
1. Examine your 'water' (highest priority)
2. Renew your commitment to your goals with heart and hustle
3. Collaborate with others on how to foster acts of empathy to create work that matters
4. Relate to others in the workplace - the secret revealed
Jamie Kern Lima is a New York Times bestselling author and Founder of IT Cosmetics, a company she started in her living room and grew to the largest luxury makeup brand in the country. She sold the company to L’Oréal in a billion-dollar deal and became the first female CEO of a brand in its 100+ year history. Her love of her customers and remarkable authenticity and belief eventually landed her on the Forbes America’s Richest Self-Made Women list. She’s the author of the new book Believe IT: How to Go From Underestimated to Unstoppable, an instant New York Times bestseller, USA Today bestseller, #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller, #1 Amazon bestseller, #1 Publisher’s Weekly bestseller and #1 Barnes & Noble bestseller. She’s a mother of two and an active investor, speaker, and thought leader who is passionate about inspiring and elevating women. She’s also an active philanthropist who has donated over $40 million in product and funds to help women face the effects of cancer with confidence. She’s also donating 100% of her author proceeds for Believe T to Feeding America and Together Rising. Learn more at BelieveIt.com
Valorie Burton, life strategist and international speaker, is CEO of the Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute. Her life-changing message has an intriguing, research-based emphasis in the pioneering field of applied positive psychology - the study of what happens when things go right with us.
Her company provides coaching, coach training, and resilience training and has served clients in all 50 states and 20 countries on six continents. Since 1999, she has written 13 books translated into multiple languages, including Let Go of the Guilt, It's About Time, and Successful Women Think Differently.
She has appeared regularly on the TODAY Show, CNN, Dr. Oz, and Essence, and has spoken for hundreds of organizations around the globe. She was named one of the top 60 motivational speakers in America and one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in the field of personal development.
For over 15 years, Valorie's books, speaking engagements, and coaching programs have helped people:
- Make major life changes that are exciting and scary at the same time.
- Be happier and have more fun, even when life seems routine.
- Become strong leaders, navigate office politics, and achieve professional dreams.
- Navigate setbacks and disappointments in a way that makes life better, not bitter.
- Speak up with confidence rather than settling for less.
- Go to sleep at night feeling at peace about decisions.
- Conquer emotions that cause procrastination, emotional spending, and self-sabotage.
She and her husband Jeff live on a ranch south of Atlanta with their children.
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Check-in and networking
12:00 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Speaker
1:20 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Wrap-up and close