QUICK FACTS ABOUT WXW:
- WXW is an organization created to connect women to other women, in a supportive environment. We host monthly events dedicated to personal development, professional development and fun networking.
- In 2011, WXW received a statewide award from the US Small Business Administration for its role as “Champions of Women in Business.”
- Hundreds of women (and some brave men) attend our events.
- Our mailing list is always growing & currently consists of 1000+ business leaders.
- Of our attendees, 40% are business owners, 40% are at various levels inside local corporations, and the remaining 20% work in nonprofits, education, and government.
- We offer topics and content that is timely and pertinent to women at every level of business – in fact, people often ask us how we come up with such great topics and find such interesting panelists and facilitators.
- Each year, we have a massive day-long event where 200+ attendees participate in workshops, panels, and interactive conversations. This year it will be held on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at Washtenaw Community college in the Morris Lawrence Building. Read more about it in Events
WHAT IS WXW’S ROLE IN MICHIGAN’S FUTURE?
For the past 6 years, WXW has been helping women in business. Our all-volunteer, Ann Arbor-based non-profit has operated on a minimal budget while successfully connecting, teaching, and inspiring hundreds of women leaders in Michigan. Over the past decade, Michigan has lost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Our State struggles to keep highly trained workers here whether they are just out of college or recently laid off from a once prosperous and rewarding job.
WXW believes that if we can help women business leaders and emerging leaders connect and help each other solve business problems, we will grow our companies, create more products and services, employ more people, and revitalize our region. WXW works directly with business owners, CEOs, managers, and business & community leaders to help solve business issues, train our up-and-coming young professionals, and connect workers with jobs.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT WXW:
What do companies/individuals gain from participation in WXW?
- Networking opportunities and direct contact with women business leaders.
- Monthly opportunities to learn and talk about pressing business and personal topics.
- Exposure to hundreds of business women.
- The opportunity to form strong bonds with people in the business community.
- The ability to influence public policy and engage in advocacy as a group.
Why do companies become WXW sponsors?
- To show their support for women in business and our business community.
- To help those people who are starting and growing companies in our area.
- To encourage women to become better leaders within local companies.